CALL TODAY ON 1300 858 836
I was mentoring with a client yesterday and we were discussing examples in our lives where we were “in the zone”
You know that ‘state of mind’ where time slows down to a millisecond and you have all the time in the world to do a task, set of tasks or a day full of tasks.
Where you do everything effortlessly and you seem to come up with ideas, actions and outcomes that even you don’t know where they came from!
Your slogan isn’t ‘just do it’ it’s even better than that, it is Just Did It!
Being in the zone is defined as In positive psychology, it is the mental state of operation in which a person performing an activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and enjoyment in the process of the activity. In essence, being in the zone is characterized by complete absorption in what one does.
So passionate, completely immersed, nothing distracts you and you get what you need to get done, easily. Can you remember when you were in the zone last?
How do you get in the zone and how do you stay there?
- Passionate – do something that you love or do what you are doing because the pay off will give you the time or money to do something that you love
- Focused – when you do something that you love or to get something that you love, you will become solely focused on that task and the outcome you get from the task
- Practiced – when you do something that you are committed to, you practice it over and over again, simply because you love it. They say the difference between knowing nothing on a subject and being one of the best at it in the world (with access to all the information on the internet these days) you can become an expert in 7 short years, well that could really be 5, 3 or even 2 years now.
- Confident- with practice, tasks become second nature. Repetition is the mother of skill. Being skilled at a task leads to confidence and you project that confidence.
- Competent – when you practice you become confident and ultimately competent. When you are competent you become the go to person in your industry, region or area of specialty.
A compilation of the above results in you performing in the zone, regularly
If you would you like to know how to develop the skills to perform in the zone, to do your daily tasks effortlessly, to have all the time in the world to complete them and be the go to person and the master of your industry, but you don’t know where to start, well we can help!
At ABC Business Improvement we have or are assisting builders, tradesmen, retailers, restaurants, wholesalers, manufacturers, mechanics, professional service providers like accountants, lawyers, pharmacists, dentists, importers/ exporters and we can assist you too!
At ABC Business Improvement we will organise a meeting where you will;
– Uncover the challenges you are facing
– Define a path to overcome them
– Create a first step plan to move forward
– Gain a sense of excitement and relief, knowing where you are going
Lets discuss this at our next session!