CALL TODAY ON 1300 858 836
Have you ever wondered why Ikea is so successful?
Could it be the quality of their furniture?
Perhaps it is the price?
Maybe it’s because they have such an extensive range?
I have a sneaking suspicion it may be the $9.95 meals that they serve in their cafeteria!
Or perhaps it’s because they give us weekend worriers’ access to assembling furniture projects that once completed, give us a sense of satisfaction and wellbeing thinking we are a carpenter extraordinaire?
Have you ever said to your friends after assembling the most basic of items “I knocked it up in no time”… come on, we all have!
Wow … you are amazing!
I think when it comes to the success of Ikea, it is a combination of all of the above.
When it comes to your business it is the same…
We set the business structure up so that it is fool proof and then hire staff that can follow a system and just do what they should when they should and provide them with a supervisor to ensure that they do just that. This is one of the best ways to maximise productivity, efficiency and to keep the costs down.
The key is to make the process simple, easy to understand and implement.
The next step is to provide instruction that ensures what you want learnt is actually adhered to.
- Teach them – take questions
- Have them do it –with you (or someone) watching asking you questions as they go and you keep them on track
- Let them do it on their own – hold them accountable and ensure they get it immediately
- Remember to praise them five times to every chastise to ensure they maintain confidence during the learning stages
- When a problem is experienced initially have them come to you with two potential solutions for that problem
- Have them report to you immediately when something happens that they cant find the solution for
- conduct regular short meetings to discuss progress, plans and outcomes
When you follow this process of training, development and management issues are solved as soon as they happen, communication is free flowing both ways, the business takes on a life of its own and work is a fun place to be!
The best thing is the team think they are super stars and that’s OK..
Finally one of the best sayings relating to leadership…
“A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.” – Lao Tzu
If you are feeling frustrated with your team, no one can do the job as good as you, your staff turn over faster than you can train them and you don’t know what to do to get your team what’s more your business to the next level, we can help!
At ABC Business Improvement we have or are assisting builders, tradesmen, retailers, restaurants, wholesalers, manufacturers, mechanics, professional service providers like accountants, lawyers, pharmacists, dentists, importers/ exporters and we can assist you too!
At ABC Business Improvement we will organise a meeting where you will;
– Uncover the challenges you are facing
– Define a path to overcome them
– Create a first step plan to move forward
– Gain a sense of excitement and relief, knowing where you are going
Contact me today to organise a ‘team of geniuses’ strategy session to take you from exhaustion to exhilaration!
Life rewards those who take action!